You can view all tips in a particular category by clicking on one below:
Visitors since August 7, 1998:
392. Improving Export/Import Performance
389. Recover a big table in archivelog mode
365. Exporting and Importing Indexes
335. Archival and Restoration of inactive data
333. I can't find my archived redo logs!
327. Four questions (ROWID, Savepoints, Recovery Steps, alter sequence #)
314. Methods to recover database
280. Recovering data with export and archived redo logs
273. Do sequences get generated with an import?
268. Syntax for Hot Backups ; 2) SQLNET.LOG question
267. Where does the data go during an import?
266. Bringing Rollback Segs Online After Startup
264. Ensuring that the database does not hang due to archive volume filling
259. Example EXPORT script file, please...
251. EXPORTing from a higher Oracle version and IMPORTing into a lower Oracle version
245. When is it unsafe to IMPORT data in DIRECT mode? How to drop a database? What is the ConText option?
234. Recovering in ARCHIVELOG mode
227. Import/Export and INITIAL extent sizes
205. cron jobs: It can't find sqlplus
179. Archiving data onto a second instance
170. Import into a non-empty table
165. Applying Redo Logs Twice
147. Shutdown immediate problem
146. INDEXFILE with exports
144. Archive log performance
120. Export speed too slow
113. Oracle Import
111. Export table - a 10 gig table
105. Shutdown NORMAL not working
100. What happens if...
92. Database can't start - missing datafile!
65. Scheduled Hot Online Backups - HELP!!!
25. Oracle EXPORT re: Tables only
19. Backup of Oracle databases
16. Import/Export Facility
5. Cannot Do 'CONNECT INTERNAL' to do System Shutdown
to Ari Kaplan's Home Page